Friday, August 24, 2012

Gratitude Fridays


There isn't enough gratitude in the world. Lots of complaints- from me too- and lots of TISU (That Is So Unfair from this post) and it made me think that perhaps a practice of taking at least one day a week to be grateful and to list those pieces in a conscious way would be good. The glass is half full, right?
So, I am proclaiming Gratitude Fridays. I welcome comments on what other people are grateful for. Spreading gratitude will change the world.


I am grateful for:

A stove that works
A house that I love and the roof it puts over our heads
My family and the love they give
My husband and the hard work he puts into keeping this whole thing moving
My dogs and the smiles and enthusiasm they bring to life every single day
My cat who has finally become a kindred spirit after about 8 years
A comfortable couch to relax on
Good books
2 fantastic drying racks and a laundry line with pulleys
My daughter's new found love of soccer
My other daughter's unique style and enthusiasm for animals, food and funky clothing
A relatively clean house
The new friends my son has found
The new friends my daughters have found
$1 movie nights at the local movie theater and a child old enough to go with friends
A big back yard
A clean river to spend time in
The people we are meeting
A loving, hard working husband who is giving up so much to provide our family with the help we need to make this happen
My mother and aunt and all the amazing work they put into to helping us
The workers who have helped fix, hook up and make good this home
The fact that there are fewer mosquitoes in the house this week than last
That we aren't reacting to the mosquitoes as much as we were before and so we no longer look like we have chicken pox
That fridge is still working at this moment
The good people who surround me in this new place

What are you grateful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment