Friday, August 17, 2012

Oh the Lists and Lists


We have been so busy here- so busy in fact, that stealing time to write was near impossible. I was face down at around midnight most days after hauling and moving furniture and unpacking and rearranging-- but without having written about it all.
The boxes that arrived a week ago were sitting in the entry-- and in the bedrooms and in the hallways  --and the house needed the contents of those boxes to help ease it into home mode. It took a bit of doing but the girls rooms were done within a day or so of the boxes and then my son's. Then we worked on the common rooms- the front yoga/dance/stretching room, the living room and the dining room- the last two having swapped places since we moved in.


I began to feel despair when I saw all those stacks and it felt like no matter how much I unpacked and no matter how much I had given away, I still had so much. So much. This house is so large and spacious but finding a home for my art and craft supplies has been remarkably difficult so it is still tucked away in boxes while I orient myself and figure out how to maneuver the new issues of making space in so much space. I am used to making space within a small space to do so within a large one feels like a bigger challenge.


My mother and I worked hard on creating that feeling of home that we both thrive on and it wasn't until last night at around 11:30pm that I had an official bedroom space. It has been that difficult limbo stage for far too long- most of the craft and art supplies was in my bedroom and what is in reality a large room, felt tiny and cramped. But no longer- now I can sit in a room that asked to be sat in and be in the space with joy- and exhaustion- but still joy.
So, now I can find that elusive time to write again and I wanted to send the gratitude I feel for all of the hard work and kindness that has been heading my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment