Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Now THAT Is A Lot of Diversity


This trip we have been on is shockingly lovely and I often feel I don't have words to show how amazing it is. There is beauty even in the most desolate looking places and not just in the places you might expect it.


As we drive through forest into desert by striking cliffs, canyons and patches of fields blacked by fire, we shake our heads at the difference from one place to the next- Just before we see the farms and livestock grazing. And all I can only think is- What did this look like the first time someone ventured through the wilderness to explore? What did the river look like?



 


Were they afraid or amazed beyond all sense and reason? How huge this country is and how often do we notice how incredibly lovely this land we live on is? How often do we notice how lovely this planet we live on, is? And just as I shake my head at the beauty of the desolate landscape around me, a child says, "Look!" And we note the rainbow arcing across the sky over our heads as we travel onward with full hearts and wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment