Saturday, September 1, 2012

The Bad Days


As much as I would have everyone think it is all hunky-dory over here, it would be a lie. There is always a hard side- a difficult day or week- or month.
I ran into my first really hard days here- I missed my friends and community. I just thought "What have I done?! What was I thinking?!" I was terrified. I had to start out new and I'm not getting any younger and I have these amazing children to take care of and I was overwhelmed and scared of anything and everything that could go wrong.

My heart hurt with it. I was full of dread and I called my beloved and told him and he said, "I know it will be fine. It will. There is a reason for all of this." And he was comforting and gentle and kind and I got off the phone and cried- long and hard. Unconvinced and tired from my grief and fear.
It was a hard week to work through. That fear of the unknown- the uncontrolled- the fact that control is an illusion to begin with. All of this tore at me. And then, yesterday, I felt a shifting and had the sudden drive to pull the eiderdowns out and prepare them- even though it was 80 outside. I woke up to 59 degrees in my room- the old windows thrown wide for the fresh night air and I was grateful for the blankets as were the children who were hunkered down with the dogs and cat. In my lost place I had followed an intuition in this new place that told me to pull those warm things out. It didn't make sense to me but I followed it.


It was the first day that felt like autumn was moving in and I had to smile at that lift in the air- that little piece of energy that makes you think that if you turn in just the right direction and close your eyes and lean into that wind a little bit you just might take flight. Pure magic. And the fear, it will ebb and flow and I will learn how to let it go and live with it and trust the deep places that tell me to be patient- that tell me to love the now in everything.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there, Jessy... Give yourself permission to just let the emotions flow through you and out...try not to analyze them too much right now in the midst of so much change. You have made a wonderful, brave choice for your young family. You so deserve the freedom to sit and felt and farm and watch the autumn leaves fall on that beautiful river. Syl and I love looking at your pictures...would love to visit someday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Miriam, I have carried your words with me. I am working to settle in, to find the peace we came here to seek. I will start posting again soon- the start of school and the change of weather has taken me for a bit of a ride.
      I think of you and Syl often and I miss you!!

      Delete