Wednesday, November 28, 2012

More Presents? Of Course- I've Got to Get My Creative Fix!!


We are still at it- all that making of art craziness- in this house that has yet to be named. I see something- whether it is a piece of fabric or a pretty picture and suddenly I have a new idea. This time, I saw big giant dragon tears and then I saw the magnets at the dollar store and suddenly I remembered a project a few years back where the children drew tiny pictures and we Mod Podged (see- there's that indespensible Mod Podge again!) then on to the flat side of the dragon tears and then glued them on to a magnet and Wham! there was cool magnet art going on.
Inspired by the fabric covered light switch covers, we cut teeny tiny circles (well, the size of a quarter or so) and used that handy-dandy Mod Podge to put that fabric on that flat part of a giant dragon tear and once it had dried, we hot glue gunned it on to a magnet. And suddenly we could do sets- mushroom fabric light switch cover and mushroom fabric magnet!


The children got into it and had fun and we have many more to make. Up next- origami boxes to hold the magnets which will go out to local friends as gifts this holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment