Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Here a Gift, There a Gift, Everywhere a Gift, Gift

Warning: Gift spoiler alert to any family members...... Don't look if you don't want to know what you are getting for the holidays.


So much for a daily blog- "Really, I'll be on top of it- I promise! Come and read." But, uh, yes, well, things have been different. We'll use "different" because it keeps words like "good" and "bad" out of the conversation. This is not a simple situation. So much change in such short time and I am a slow processor with certain things. When thrown into a situation I can usually adapt and accommodate but with this- a life change, I am a slower adapter when it comes to the long run and the details.
I brought the enthusiasm and then I lost a little bit and a little more and things unraveled from there. But you know what started the regrouping recently? That would be the creativity needed to make gifts for family and friends.
Wracking my brain- and then I got it- Mod Podge!! I know- something I didn't know anything about as a child and since then, I have embraced.
So here is a peek at our holiday gifts- the first peek- Light Switch Covers. The switch plates were about $0.47 each (the non-breakable ones) and the fabric we had though you don't need much for these (about 3 x 5). Then there was the Mod Podge which we already had.



Using words cut from newspaper and written by hand, we Mod Podged the fabric and the words and created little works of art for our friends and family. We sealed them with a coat of polyurethane. We have other things in the works as well and I will keep posting the different treats as we create them.......
Art is one of the most healing things in the world and as far as this momma is concerned, it is a life saver.



No comments:

Post a Comment